Saturday, 13 October 2012


With a five hour yoga marathon ahead of me, I try to have a good breakfast on a Saturday and Sunday morning.  And no, dim sum does not count.  Last night I thought it was a good time to revisit the old ‘overnight’ oats routine, an idea I adopted from vegan blogging guru Angela Liddon from Oh She Glows.  This woman is the queen of oats.  There is nothing she can’t do with oats, and overnight oats are one of her specialties. 

My housemate always sleeps in late, with his door open, so I can't really bash around in the kitchen in the morning.  With a recipe like this, I make it at night, wake up in the morning, open the fridge door, and just eat it.  With strawberries – because those lovely Californians just keep on shipping them up to us here in the far north.



Choc Banana Chia Oats

Serves 1

1/3 cup whole grain oats
1 tbsp chia seeds
½ banana, mashed
1 tbsp raw cacao powder
1/3 cup coconut milk (or your choice of milk)
¼ cup water
3-4 tsp agave syrup (or your choice of liquid sweetener)

Place all ingredients in a Tupperware container.  Close the lid tightly and shake the container vigorously for about 10 seconds, until ingredients are well combined.  Place container in the fridge and leave overnight. 

In the morning, give it all a good stir and top with your choice of fruit.  

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive