Thursday, 11 October 2012

Doughnuts are one of those things I treat myself to about once a year.  After all, your traditional, generic doughnut is really just flour and sugar, deep fried, and then rolled in more sugar.  I try to avoid them as a rule.  
But my knee was sore and I needed a treat.  I walked past Edible Flours, the gluten-free bakery in Fairview, and decided to try one of their goodies.  If it's gluten free, it's guilt free, right?  No?  A girl can dream...



So I bought a pretty vanilla glazed doughnut.  It was more cake than fluffy doughnut but that didn't really bother me.  It wasn't until a few minutes after I finished the doughnut that I realised the icing featured my old nemesis... fake sugar.  I hate fake sugar.  It's evil and it leaves such a nasty after-taste in your mouth.  I might try their products again, but only if it was something made with real sugar.  


Edible Flours on Urbanspoon

Pin It

1 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive