Thursday, 4 October 2012


The other night, my yoga buddy (the person who’s supposed to keep an eye on me and call me if I don’t show up to class) warned me that our upcoming power yoga class was ‘dragon dance’ night.  What the?  It’s a regular thing apparently, the teacher practicing it with students once a month.  It’s one of the teacher’s specialties.  It was good to do something different, but after an hour of lunging into ‘dragon’ poses, my clicking right knee was protesting wildly.  You can see a video of our teacher Bernie demonstrating on myyogaonline (which doesn't let you embed...boo!) here

Now imagine doing this whole lunging, swooping, flying malarkey for almost an hour, in a packed room of about 80 people.  I kicked the girl behind me accidentally at one stage, but only after she had kicked me, so I didn’t feel too bad. 

Afterwards, the weekly philosophy session was Satya, or truthfulness.  According to Iyengar, “When the sadhaka (practitioner) is firmly established in the practice of truth his words become so potent that whatever he/she says comes to realization.”  Okay then.  I say that I’m going to marry a man so handsome and so wealthy, I never need to work again and instead travel the world drinking wine and eating chocolate.  Watch this space. 

In the meantime, I have to take a day for observation of Satya, ie I need to write down every time I’m not truthful, to others or to myself.  This could be wildly interesting…and disturbing.  

veggievinyasa.com

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive