Wednesday, 21 November 2012



I love chocolate bananas.  I mean LOVE chocolate bananas.  There is serious passion involved in this love.  Fetes, school fairs, royal shows – I wanted a chocolate banana.  Australian music festivals under 40 degree (Celcius!) heat, I lived on chocolate bananas (and Red Rooster chips, but that’s another story). Christmas market in London, I searched out the chocolate fruit stalls.  Luxury food halls in department stores, I would always manage to find the chocolate bananas.  After having pumpkin pie for lunch, there’s no reason why I should be craving a chocolate banana but I did.  I had all the ingredients lying around so I figured I might as well finally have a go at making my own raw chocolate. 

Do you realise how EASY this is?  I can’t believe I’ve been forking out a fortune for raw chocolate all this time!  At least $5 for a tiny bar when I could have been doing it all myself for a fraction of the cost!  I’m such a slow learner…


Raw Chocolate Banana Bites
Makes 6

¼ cup coconut oil, melted (it needs to be completely liquefied)
5 tbsp raw cacao powder
2 tbsp agave syrup
Small banana, cut into six bite sized pieces

Combine melted coconut oil, cacao and agave syrup, stirring well until smooth.   Divide the sliced banana into six molds of a clean ice cube tray.  Spoon the raw chocolate over the banana slices until covered.  Place the tray in the freezer.  Stand by the freezer, waiting impatiently until the chocolates are firm to touch (about 30 minutes) before devouring.


Obviously I love bananas, but you could use practically any fruit here; strawberries, raspberries, pineapple, orange slices and dried fruit would all work.     

Pin It

1 comments:

  1. 3 Researches REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally kill fat by consuming coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive