Friday, 1 March 2013

One of the things I missed most whilst living in Vancouver was breakfast.  Vancouverites don’t really do breakfast very much.  It’s not the big weekend social tradition that it is in Australia.  Personally, I can’t think of a better way to start the day than going for an early swim before paying far too much money for something I could make at home.  Call me crazy.



I did half of my university degree in Fremantle and it wasn’t quite as trendy in the cafĂ© stakes back then.  Now, there’s a good dozen places I like to go for breakfast in Fremantle and the nearby suburbs. 



Chalky’s is virtually brand new and if you go early enough, you’ll miss the rush of Notre Dame students coming in to utilise the free wifi.  I just had nice tea and a simple muesli jar but it was yummy and I sat in the sun with my book.  I came THIS close to ordering French toast, but decided to try and start the day on a slightly healthy note (that lifestyle experiment I have to do for yoga therapy training is always at the back of my mind!).  Next time maybe…


Chalky's Espresso Bar on Urbanspoon

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive