Wednesday, 26 June 2013

As I sat back at my table in the sun outside Fortysevenkirwanstreet (try typing that 50 times really fast), two smartly dressed young men sat down at the table beside me.  One went inside to order coffee, while the other went on a search for the facilities.  Very shortly after, they both returned to the table. 
“Did you find it?” the coffee-purchaser asked. 
“No,” the toilet-seeker replied, “I was going to go behind a bush around the corner, but there’s a day care centre out the back and there was this little kid staring at me, so I couldn’t go.” 
The things you wish you hadn’t overheard whilst waiting for your bircher muesli and coffee. 

Interesting clientele aside, my obsession with bircher muesli continues, and Fortysevenkirwanstreet’s bircher muesli is really freaking good – especially the apple chips.  And my waiter was Spanish.  I’m not sure why this was important, but I liked him for it. 
I wish I could say my early morning health kick continued.  But then I went to the movies and ate a whole bag of party mix lollies.  Bad yogi…

Fortysevenkirwanstreet on Urbanspoon

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive