Friday, 14 June 2013

The XX - Yogi Playlist favourites 

Music to accompany a yoga practice is a pretty personal thing.  Everyone has different tastes.  Last week, after a class, a student said to me, "It's nice to have some good music playing, instead of all the 'om' stuff."  Some people love the 'om' stuff... Me, not so much.
I don't exactly have different playlists for different groups of students, but as I scroll through my ipod before class, I am definitely aware of who will be pressing into Downward Dog to the tunes of Massive Attack or Fatboy Slim.  My Friday morning class is probably my most diverse; I have students ranging from 21 to 80 years of age, some beginners, some long-time yogis.  I spent a lot of time this week thinking about a new playlist for this group.  Can you select enough music to please a university student without offending retirees who remember the first days of rock'n'roll?  I hope so...



Angels – The XX
Porcelain – Moby
Taylor – Jack Johnson
Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall – Coldplay
The Sea Is Calling – The Temper Trap
Jungle – Emma-Louise
Chained – The XX
Love Will Take You – Julia and Angus Stone
A Real Hero – College feat. Electric Youth
Soon We’ll Be Found – Sia
Lay It Down – The Rubens
Dreams – The Temper Trap
When the Night Comes – Dan Aurebach
Skinny Love – Bon Iver
This Bitter Earth – Dinah Washington (Max Richter Remix)

Ageless by Alison Clare Skillen on Grooveshark

http://grooveshark.com/playlist/Ageless/87568951 

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive