Sunday, 7 July 2013

 When you’re a yoga teacher, people have a tendency to make a lot of assumptions about you, usually to do with health and fitness.  At the top of the list are;
a)      You don’t drink alcohol. 

b)      You avoid caffeine.
c)       You’re a vegetarian or vegan.
d)      You wear Lululemon all day, every day.
e)      You only eat super-duper healthy food all the time. 
Yes, it’s true, there are days when I am in leggings from dawn to dusk, but I love wine, I love coffee, I eat meat and I do splurge on less-than-healthy food – probably more than I should to be honest. 
Breakfast at Typika is a case in point – their French toast is so good it makes me want to cry.  Salted caramel on French toast for heaven’s sake!  Freaking amazing.  I got up at 5 am to teach yoga.  I deserved it. 
People love to bitch about Typika (the expectations were incredibly high when it opened and for some those expectations fell flat) but I promise you, the breakfast is good and their $80,000 coffee addict equipment does a good job. 


  

Typika Artisan Roasters on Urbanspoon

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive