Wednesday, 16 October 2013

One of my students once referred to this playlist as my ‘ching-chong music list’.  She was referring, I think, to the repeated feature of songs by Onra – if you haven’t listened to his album Chinoiseries, do it now, by the way.  I call it Shake it Out because (apart from the Florence reference), it’s the playlist I use when I have energetic students who want to get into it fast – no rolling around on the floor and stretching for 20 minutes, just a twist or two and then a half dozen fast rounds of sun salutations to get the blood pumping.  It’s also the list I use if I’m going to kick off with a bit of Kundalini…which always gets the odd funny look from my Australian students, but they seem to be getting used to it…


Man O To – Nu
Relax in Mui Ne – Onra
The Anthem – Onra
Shake it Out – Florence and the Machine
Breathing Light – Nitin Sawhney
You’ve Got the Love (The xx remix) – Florence and the Machine/The xx
Far Nearer – Jamie xx
I Wanna Go Back – Onra
La Ritournelle – Sebastien Teller
At the River – Groove Armada
Truth – Alexander Ebert
Islands – The xx
Melt into the Sun – Random Rab
Cloud Speed – Sad Souls
Kettering – The Antlers
Somewhere Over the Rainbow – Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
Lullaby - Sia


Shake it Out by Alison Clare Skillen on Grooveshark

http://grooveshark.com/playlist/Shake+It+Out/91531084 

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive