Tuesday, 25 March 2014

I once saw Moby play a DJ set at a night club in Cannes during the film festival.  As you do.  There was a lot of Belvedere vodka and it was very dark, but I do remember his bobbing bald head shining under the spotlight and four girls in very small bikinis engaging in what I would loosely refer to as go-go dancing on podiums alongside the stage.  This memory is first to the forefront when I hear any song by Moby.  Then I remember hijacking the CD player at every party I went to in my final year at high school and cranking up Play – because everybody had a copy but me. 

Every now and then I filter through my iTunes library and pick out a whole lot of music I haven’t listened to in a long time and for most of them there’s a nostalgic memory.  Most of the songs on the list I threw in there because I hadn’t heard them in an age and they set my brain buzzing.  I know I’m supposed to be focusing on my breath – I’m supposed to be encouraging you to focus on your breath too – but a little nostalgic daydreaming here and there can’t hurt. 

Any Other Name – Thomas Newman
Finally Moving - Pretty Lights
Forca – Nelly Furtado
Honey – Moby
Sitting, Waiting, Wishing – Jack Johnson
Love and Hope – Ozomatli
For the First Time – The Script
Us – Regina Spektor
Love Will Come Through – Travis
Blood – The Middle East
Light – Dr Toast
Breathe Me – Sia
Us Against the World – Coldplay
Andvari – Sigur Ros


Honey by Alison Clare Skillen on Grooveshark

http://grooveshark.com/playlist/Honey/96407400 

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive