Wednesday, 18 June 2014


I was going to ride all the way from Venice to Santa Monica.  I've done it before, honestly.  It's not far.  But my legs started to hurt a few blocks short of Pico and I gave up on the notion.  My aching legs clearly needed a lunch break so I slipped into Thai Teak for the first time.  It's just a little kiosk with super cheap vegan Thai food, sharing the space with Three Gems juice. 


 Apparently half of the crowd wandering up from the beach had had the same idea and I soon found myself sharing a table with a quickly changing selection of bikini-clad foreigners sipping on juice and sucking down noodles.


This is not life-changing food. It's cheap and cheerful and you eat it on a paper plate at tables lined with rolls of paper towel, but the dishes are reliable Thai staples that are great for a grab and go lunch on a summer day.  



I didn't really need juice as well, but I'm a sucker for juice. Three Gems is separate to Thai Teak but they go well together - as did my spicy mint noodles and green juice.  

http://thaiveganism.com/

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive