Tuesday, 22 July 2014


I am not the queen of arm balances.  I watch Meghan Currie videos longingly and wish I could kick up into Scorpion on a whim.  Crow, I love.  Handstands, great fun.  Beyond that, the heavy knots I seem to carry around in my shoulders on a permanent basis make more challenging arm balances agonising for me - headstand and forearm balances especially induce a sensation of many hot knives stabbing into my shoulders.  Fallen Angel, however, is a pose I discovered completely by accident while flicking through fuckyeahyoga and I wondered if it would fall into the 'Oh God the pain' category.  It looked really hard.  A challenge! I decided to give it a go.  I've included Corrina Richard's great step-by-step video below, but in a nutshell, if you can do Side Crow, you can do Fallen Angel - you just need to fall over and falling over is one of my specialties.  From a prayer twist, lower your hands to the floor and position your leading elbow against your thigh as usual for Side Crow (if you do beginner's Side Crow with both elbows against your thigh this still works); bring the weight onto your hands and lift your feet, before gently leaning forward to bring your ear down onto the floor; lift your top leg and TA DA! 


Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive