Friday, 5 September 2014

 The first time I saw Nitin Sawhney play live was at a festival in Perth when I was still in university.  He was the headlining act and played last in the evening so my friends and I left the sandy pit of the Belvoir Amphitheatre very late.  After waiting for near on an hour to even get out of the car park, we made it about ten minutes down the road before the car died in the middle of an intersection.  We spent another hour waiting for a tow by the side of the road.  Good times.  Now, I always think of this debacle when I hear Nitin Sawhney.   All the same, I’ve topped and tailed my latest power yoga play list with his music because it’s great for yoga I think.  I’m also crazy about the Flic Flac remix of Vance Joy’s Riptide. I played this for my quiet-as-mice power students in Santa Monica last night – I couldn’t tell if they liked it….but I do. 

Sunset – Nitin Sawhney
Riptide (Flic Flac Edit) – Vance Joy
Fools (Peter, Bjorn & John Hortlax Cobra Remix) – The Temper Trap
No Diggity Vs Thrift Shop (Kygo Remix) – Ed Sheeran & Passenger
No Scrubs (Freddy Verano Edit) – Bastille
Over the Love (Of You) – Florence Welch and SBTRKT
15 Step – Radiohead
Face A La Mer (Massive Attack Remix) – Les Negresses Vertes
Exchange – Massive Attack
Single (Photek Remix) – Everything But the Girl
Romeo (Ft. Kele Le Roc) – Basement Jaxx
The Boatman – Nitin Sawhney


Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive