Monday, 20 October 2014


A long time ago I wrote a post about selecting music for yoga classes.  I mentioned, and I quote, “Perhaps sexually explicit songs aren’t a good idea.  So, that pretty much rules out virtually anything by Kings of Leon, then.  Sad”.  I lied.  I’m a faithless, dirty liar.  I have a KOL song in virtually every playlist these days.  I don’t even follow the rules I set for myself, for heaven’s sake. This list is all about a bit of female power vocals though – Robyn, Ellie Goulding, Electric Youth, Haerts, Florence (you can never have to much of gorgeous Florence, right?!).  I messed around with this one again and again before I was happy with the mix. I’ve got it – I love it.

The River – Nitin Sawhney
Breezeblocks – alt-J
Bittersweet – Ellie Goulding
With Every Heartbeat – Robyn
Sweet Disposition – Temper Trap
Cosmic Love – Florence and the Machine
All the Days – Haerts
Love Is Just Another Way to Die – I Am Strikes
Real Hero – College feat. Electric Youth
Hunger of the Pine – alt-J
Cold Desert (Milo Remix) – Kings of Leon
Anthems of a Seventeen Year Old Girl – Broken Social Scene
Last Mile Home (Acoustic) – Kings of Leon
Green Arrow – Yo La Tengo

Normally I'd embed a player but SoundCloud currently HATES me and wont' let me embed despite the fact that I've enable public embedding accesss..... blah blah blah.  But you can find it at https://soundcloud.com/alison-skillen/sets/female-rebel


Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive