Monday, 23 February 2015

via My New Roots

It’s been a while since I wrote a gushing blog crush so I wanted to take a moment to send out some love to Sarah Britton of My New Roots.  Sarah is a holistic nutritional practitioner and she’s been slogging away at her awesome blog since 2007.  I started reading food blogs around this time so I think I’ve been keeping one eye on MNR almost since the beginning.  Unlike a lot of vegan and vegetarian food blogs that claim to be all about improving your overall nutritional intake, Sarah actually knows the science behind the jargon and shares a whole lot of recipes that not only look very pretty and taste good, but they make sense because she can tell you exactly why turmeric is good for you, not just that it gives that soup you’re making a great colour. 

via My New Roots
Like a lot of vegan/vegetarian/whole food bloggers, her recipes often require some patience and a good food processor, which is often a turn-off to some cooks pressed for time or cash, but there are plenty of recipes on her site which are simple and take no time/expensive gadgets at all (ie I’m crushing so hard on her Chocolate Chunk Nut Butter Blondies right now).  


via My New Roots

Her first cook book is being released next month.  I’m a teensy-weensy bit excited.  

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive