Sunday, 31 May 2015


Over the last couple of weeks, that horrible sickness called home has been gnawing at me.  Sometimes, it’s big things like a longing for people and places that are familiar.  Sometimes, I’m in the supermarket and I would do anything to find a decent substitute for my favourite brand of West Australian iced coffee.  Sometimes, I absent-mindedly let myself into the passenger seat of my car and miss driving on the opposite side of the road.  Sometimes, I walk between the piers at Venice Beach and Santa Monica, and desperately long for clean beaches and equally clean water to swim in. 

So I made a yoga playlist built on music from home, or songs which remind me of home for some reason.  I have been listening to the Chet Faker/WKND version of You Don’t Treat Me No Good on serious repeat, repeat, repeat.   I switched to SoundCloud to publish my playlists because there's a wide variety of tracks on there you can't find on other sites, but even so, there are still the odd bits and pieces I can't find..... so you'll have to listen to the great tracks by Lisa Mitchell and Busby Marou on You Tube - 

Sweet Disposition (Yinyues Remix) – Temper Trap
Comin’ Around – Faithless ft. Temper Trap
Drop the Game (The Golden Pony Remix) – Flume & Chet Faker
Free – Rudimental ft. Emeli Sande
Straight Lines – Silver Chair
Lover – Chet Faker x WKND
Hard Sun – Eddie Vedder
Mess is Mine – Vance Joy
Trembling Hands (Chet Faker Remix) – Temper Trap
Don’t You Give Up On Me – Milo Greene
Edge of My Dreams – Lisa Mitchell
Better Be Home Soon – Busby Marou
Different Worlds – Jes Hudak
Lonely Boy – Matt Corby



Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive