Wednesday, 2 September 2015

I have a confession to make.  When Zayn left One Direction, amongst the wailing and gnashing of teeth of the world around me, I was somewhat surprised to hear that the band would be continuing on as a quartet….because I thought they had always been a quartet.  One Direction held so little significance to me that I didn’t even know how many of them there were.  There were five of them?  Really?  Because…you know… I’m not a teenage girl.  I do, however, love Lissie.  Story of My Life makes me want to punch someone when I hear One Direction on the radio, but Lissie’s cover is beautiful. 



I went to a Hatha class yesterday which… left a lot to be desired.  Every now and then I accidentally find myself being instructed by an egomanic and this happened to the max I’m afraid, but my favourite part of the instructor’s many rants during the class was when he announced that he would not be playing bad music – or good music – or any music at all, because music should not be played while practicing yoga.  Ok, each to their own, but I intensely disagree. I love practicing yoga with music.  It helps me focus and it gives me energy, both as an instructor and as a student.  So there. 
I call this list Block because I’ve had an intense writers block – I couldn’t even string together a playlist for weeks now.  I finally managed to scrape together this one and I no longer feel like I’m playing the same music again and again in my classes. 

John the Revelator – Nicholas Jaar
Lost (Runaway) – Saint Wknd ft. Inglsh
Natural Blues – Moby
Sleepyhead – Passion Pit
You’ve Got the Love – Florence and the Machine
L.E.S. Artistes – Sanitgold
Lovers in Japan / Reign of Love – Coldplay
All in Forms – Bonobo
1998 – Chet Faker ft. Banks
Et Ta Mere – Vin’s & The Zoufris Maracas
Kusangi – Odeza
Get Lucky – Daughter
Story of My Life - Lissie


Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive