Friday, 20 November 2015

Bhi Bhiman
I’d say that 90% of the time, when I give students my business card in class it is because they want to see my playlists. Some yogis really get into the tunes they practice to - I even have a few students who bring music suggestions into class or email them to me. I have recently become completely and utterly despairing over the music on the radio and have pretty much stopped listening to it in the car (where I spend a disproportionate amount of my life). I love discovering and listening to artists you are not likely to hear on the radio in Los Angeles and apparently my students appreciate the music discoveries as well. I’m really enjoying Cali boys DJ Drez and Bhi Bhiman at the moment, and am super excited to see my lovely Perth gal pal Leure releasing new music.

Bye bye, radio. I do not miss you.

In other fun, frivolous notes of fun, do you know how many ‘covers’ of Regina Spektor’s Us are currently on Soundcloud? Go look. Seriously. It’s ridiculous.

Folky/Anti-Radio Yoga Playlist

Midnight (In India – DJ Drez Remix) – Coldplay
We Don’t Eat – James Vincent McMorrow
When I Grow Up – The Human Experience
Wicked Game – James Vincent McMorrow
Archangel – Chet Faker
1998 – Chet Faker
Mushaboom – Feist
Us – Regina Spektor
Guttersnipe – Bhi Bhiman
You Are My Joy – The Reindeer Section
Empire State of Mind (DJ Drez India Remix) – Alicia Keys
Swim Good – Leure
Tomorrow Will Be Kinder – The Secret Sisters
Shanti (Peace Out) – MC Yogi






Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive