Wednesday, 20 January 2016

(via)
One day after he passed away, I blasted a trusty old Bowie playlist during an evening class. Afterward, one of my students told me how much she had loved it and began to cry.

The power of music is phenomenal and, as I always argue, any emotion it generates within you has the potential to enhance your yoga practice. I’m not saying that Heroes or Diamond Dogs are always going to be appropriate for everyone during a class …but they’ve been a hit the past week.

Bowie's In Space

The Man Who Sold the Word – Vitamin String Quartet
Ashes to Ashes – David Bowie
China Girl – David Bowie
Starman – Milky Edwards & the Chamberlings
Diamond Dogs – Beck
Heroes – David Bowie
Sound and Vision – David Bowie
Queen Bitch – Seu Jorge
Under Pressure – Queen & David Bowie
Sorrow – David Bowie
Rebel Rebel – Seu Jorge
Where Are We Now – David Bowie
Nature Boy – David Bowie & Massive Attack
Golden Years – James Murphy 


I haven't put a playlist on Soundcloud but I will share just one video from the list. I fell in love with Bowie thanks to Seu Jorge and Wes Anderson. This one is my favourite...


Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive