Monday, 28 March 2016


Years ago, I went to the Isle of Wight festival with my friend Sam. It was the year the Rolling Stones headlined so everyone was super excited about being subjected to the Jagger Swagger, but I was more interested in seeing Paolo Nutini who, back then, was only 19 and a superstar in the UK after the release of his first album. What I distinctly remember about his performance was that, apart from being very, very good, he was very, very drunk. He was so drunk he could barely keep his eyes open. It was exceptionally entertaining. I had never really been that interested in Paolo after his first album, but recently came across the most wonderful cover he did of The Beatles’ Don’t Let Me Down. It’s been on heavy rotation in class ever since.

This playlist is named Tired So Tired because I was so very tired of all of the music I had on rotation in class. 

Straumnes – Sigur Ros
Short Change Hero – the Heavy
Ishq Mush – BC Smith
My Guru – Dan the Automator
Welcome to Bombay – BC Smith
Lost – Coldplay
Time to Run – Lord Huron
Iguazu – Gustavo Santaolalla
All I Need – Radiohead
Staralfur – Sigur Ros
No Surprises – Regina Spektor
Don’t Let Me Down – Paolo Nutini
Solomon – Nathaniel Ratecliff
Spiegel im Spiegel – Arvo Part
All Right – Sigur Ros



Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive